Training Programs for Animal Emergency Response
The NCSU CVM offers a range of training programs for veterinary students, veterinarians and veterinary technicians, the animal sheltering community, emergency management personnel, and animal owners and caregivers.
Our service-learning and experiential-learning programs equip the next generation of veterinarians with the disaster preparedness competencies necessary to respond efficiently and safely in an emergency, collaborating with a wide variety of emergency personnel. These competencies will make a difference in the lives of their clients as well as in the diverse communities they serve.
Programs for Veterinary Personnel and Emergency Responders
Resources for the Community
Online Training Opportunities
Federal Emergency Management Agency
- IS-100.b Introduction to Incident Command System (ICS-100)
- IS-200.b ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents
- IS-700a National Incident Management System (NIMS) An Introduction
- IS-10.a - Animals in Disasters: Awareness and Preparedness
- IS-11.a - Animals in Disasters: Community Planning