Evaluation of the Efficacy of a Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug In Cats with Chronic Musculo-Skeletal Disorder
We are evaluating a long-term non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) for treatment of chronic musculo-skeletal disorder (CMSD), including arthritis, in cats. Participants will be client-owned cats with naturally occurring CMSD. Cats will be treated with placebo and/or investigational NSAID for a total of 8 weeks.
- Adult indoor-only cats (≥ 1year of age).
- Noted by owner to be “slowing down” or have “mobility impairment” or already have a diagnosis of arthritis.
- No other suspected or diagnosed diseases. Some controlled diseases will be considered.
The study will cover all screening and study visit cost including:
- physical, orthopedic, and neurologic examinations
- whole body radiographs
- serum chemistry profile, complete blood count (CBC), thyroid level (T4), and urinalysis
- study medication
Clinical Studies Core at 919.513.6384 or email@example.com
Page last updated October 24, 2014