Clinical Studies Core (CSC)
What is clinical research?
Clinical research involves the study of diagnosis, treatment, or characterization of disease. Clinical research focuses on the patient, involving spontaneous disease and real-life medical conditions.
The importance of clinical research:
- advances knowledge about disease, such as disease characteristics and risk factors
- advances the practice of veterinary medicine, through development and refinement of diagnostic tools, preventive strategies, and therapeutic interventions
- provides key evidence for decisions made in the practice of veterinary medicine
- leads to important discoveries that may translate to human medicine
- is part of translational research, bridging the gap between basic research and application in the patient setting