Callie A. Fogle, BS, DVM, DACVS
Clinical Assistant Professor, Equine Surgery
Phone: 919.513.6630 (clinic)
- Bachelor of Science, Biology Centenary College, Shreveport, LA, 1997
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Louisiana State University-School of Veterinary Medicine, Baton Rouge, LA, 2001
Professional Experience & Qualifications
- Clinical Assistant Professor, College of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University, February 2007-present
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Surgeons, College of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC, 2008
- Resident, Equine Surgery, North Carolina State University, 2003-2007
- Associate Equine Veterinarian, Southern Oaks Animal Hospital, Hope Mills, NC, 2002-2003
- Intern, Large Animal Medicine and Surgery, Elgin Veterinary Hospital, Elgin, TX, 2001-2002
- Colic research
- Clinical studies in equine soft tissue and orthopedic surgery
Fogle C, Gerard M, Elce Y, Little D, Morton A, Blikslager A. Analysis of sodium carboxymethylcellulose and related factors associated with postoperative colic and survival in horses with disease of the small intestine: 33 cases (2003-2005) Vet Surg. Accepted for publication
Fogle C, Gerard M, Johansson A, Breuhaus B, Blikslager A, Jones S. Spontaneous rupture of the guttural pouch as a complication of treatment for guttural pouch empyema. Equine Veterinary Education, August 2007.
Brandon B, Fogle C. Cholelithiasis. "What's Your Diagnosis?" J Am Vet Med Assoc, February 15, 2002.