Tracy Gieger, DVM, DACVIM, DACVR
Clinical Assistant Professor, Radiation Oncology
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Louisiana State University, 1996
- American College of Veterinary Radiology, Specialty of Radiation Oncology, 2007
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine, Specialty of Oncology, 2002
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine, Specialty of Small Animal Internal Medicine, 2000
Professional Experience & Qualifications
- Assistant Professor of Veterinary Medical and Radiation Oncology, Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine, Baton Rouge, LA, April 2008-April 2013
- Staff Oncologist (radiation and medical oncology), California Veterinary Specialists, Carlsbad, CA, October 2007-March 2008
- Resident in Radiation Oncology, Cornell University Hospital for Animals, Ithaca, NY, June 2005-September 2007
- Assistant Professor, University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine, Department of Small Animal Medicine and Surgery, Athens, Georgia, September 2001-July 2005
- Resident in Medical Oncology, University of California, Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital, Davis, California, August 1999-July 2001
- Resident in Small Animal Internal Medicine, Louisiana State University, School of Veterinary Medicine, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, July 1997-June 1999
- Intern in Small Animal Medicine and Surgery, The Animal Medical Center, New York, New York, June 1996-July 1997
- Relief Veterinarian, North Shore Animal League, Port Washington, New York, November 1996- July 1997
Radiation treatment planning and delivery; Reirradiation; Canine nasal tumors; Imaging as it relates to radiation oncology
Gieger TL, Siegel S, Rosen K, Jackson D, Ware KG, Shiomitsu K. Re-irradiation of canine nasal carcinomas: 37 cases. Submitted to the Journal of the American Animal Hospital Association, in press; Feb 2013.
Balkman CE, Gieger TL, Zgola M, Lewis LD, McEntee M. In vitro characterization of docetaxel as a radiosensitizer in canine and feline cancer cell lines. Open journal of Veterinary Medicine, SciRes Dec 2012. Published online.
Keyerleber MA, Gieger TL, Erb HN, Thompson MS, McEntee MC. Three-dimensional conformal versus non-graphic radiation treatment planning for apocrine gland adenocarcinoma of the anal sac in 18 dogs (2002-2007). Vet Comp Oncol 2012; 10(4), 237-45.
Ratterree W, Gieger T, Pariaut R, Saelinger C, Strickland K. The value of echocardiography as a screening tool prior to doxorubicin administration: 101 cases. J Am An Hosp Assoc 48:89-96, Mar/Apr 2012.