Timo Prange, Dr. med. vet., MS, DACVS
Clinical Assistant Professor, Equine Surgery
Phone: 919.513.6127 (office), 919.513.6630 (clinic)
- Veterinary Degree, Justus-Liebig-University Giessen (Germany), 2002
- Dissertation (Dr. med. vet.), Justus-Liebig-University Giessen (Germany), 2006
- Master of Large Animal Science, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI, 2010
Professional Experience & Qualifications
- Clinical Assistant Professor, College of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University, November 2012-present
- Clinical Veterinarian in Equine Emergency Medicine and Surgery, College of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University, July 2010-October 2012
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Surgeons, 2011
- Resident in Equine Surgery, Michigan State University, 2007-2010
- Intern, Equine Medicine, Surgery and Anesthesia, Marion duPont Scott Equine Medical Center, 2006-2007
- Associate Veterinarian, Equine Hospital, Heiligenhaus, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany, 2002-2006
- Cervical Vertebral Canal Endoscopy
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Spinal Cord Disease
T. Prange, E. A. Carr, J. A. Stick, F. L. Garcia-Pereira, J. S. Patterson, F. J. Derksen. Cervical vertebral canal endoscopy in a horse with cervical vertebral stenotic myelopathy. Equine Veterinary Journal 44 (1): 116-119, 2012.
J. G. Fowlie, H. D. O’Neill, B. M. Bladon, B. O’Meara, T. Prange, J. P. Caron. Comparison of conventional and alternative arthroscopic approaches to the palmar/plantar pouch of the equine distal interphalangeal joint. Equine Veterinary Journal 43 (3): 265-269, 2011.
T. Prange, F.J. Derksen, J.A. Stick, F.L. Garcia-Pereira, E.J. Carr. Cervical vertebral canal endoscopy: intra- and post-operative observations. Equine Veterinary Journal 43 (4):404-411, 2011.
T. Prange, F.J. Derksen, J.A. Stick, F.L. Garcia-Pereira. Endoscopic anatomy of the cervical vertebral canal in the horse - a cadaver study. Equine Veterinary Journal 43 (3): 317-323, 2011.
T. Prange, S.J. Holcombe, J.A. Brown, J.E. Dechant, S.L. Fubini, R.M. Embertson, J. Peroni, P.C. Rakestraw, J. G. Hauptman. Resection and anastomosis of the descending colon in 43 horses. Veterinary Surgery 39(6):748-53, 2010.