Histology Laboratory > Research and Teaching Specimens
Services Offered by the Histopathology Lab
- Routine paraffin histology
- Special Stains (special stains list)
- Immunohistochemistry (immuno list)
- Frozen sections
- Glycol Methacrylate embedment, sectioning and staining
- Training of technical staff and graduate students in immunohistochemistry and other special techniques
- Additional services performed by request, please call for details
- Pre-planning of Histology services for grants and other research proposals
We strongly recommend you call ahead for information regarding the appropriate submission of research samples to the laboratory. Research samples are assigned a pathology number for identification and billing purposes. Contact Barry Christmas (firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-513-6390), with your account information including: FAS or Grant #, Departmental Bookkeeper’s name and contact information, and Departmental OUC #.
- Research Submission Form - HERE
Please fill out form and bring two (2) copies along with your histology materials.
- Price List - HERE
- The laboratory supplies cassettes as part of the paraffin block charge. Please call the lab to discuss the type and size of cassette you need for your submission. 24 hour notice for pick up is greatly appreciated
- It is the responsibility of the Principal Investigator to supply fixatives and containers. Small amounts of 10% Neutral buffered formalin, Davidson’s fixative and Bouins may be purchased from the lab. Decalcification solutions; RDO, 10% formic acid and EDTA may also be purchased. Call the lab, phone number (919) 513-6390, one week in advance, to be sure all solutions are in stock.