Fred Fuller, PhD
B.A., University of Connecticut, Zoology, 1975
M.S., University of Connecticut, Microbiology, 1977
Ph.D., University of Connecticut, Microbiology, 1980
- VMP 924- Veterinary Medical Virology
- BIT 567- Introduction to the Polymerase Chain Reaction Technology
- BIT467 - Introduction to the Polymerase Chain Reaction Technology
- Guy JS, West MA, Fuller FJ, Marusak RA, Shivaprasad HL, Davis JL, Fletcher OJ. Detection of chicken proventricular necrosis virus (R11/3 virus) in experimental and naturally occurring cases of transmissible viral proventriculitis with the use of a reverse transcriptase-PCR procedure. Avian Diseases, 55(1): 70-75. 2011.
- Guy JS, West MA, Fuller FJ. Physical and genomic characteristics of chicken proventricular necrosis virus (Isolate R11/3) identify the virus as a novel birnavirus. Avian Diseases, 55(1): 2-7. 2011.
- Covaleda, L., Gno, B-T, Fuller, F.J., and Payne, S.L. Identification of cellular proteins interacting with equine infectious anemia virus S2 protein. Virus Research 151: 235-239. 2010.
- Covaleda L, Fuller FJ, Payne SL. EIAV S2 enhances pro-inflammatory cytokine and chemokine response in infected macrophages. 2010. Virology 397: 217-223.
- O. Miller, F.J. Fuller, W.A. Gebreyes, G.A. Lewbart, I.S. Shchelkunov, R.B. Shivappa, C. Joiner, G. Woolford, D.M. Stone, P.F. Dixon, M.E. Raley and J.F. Levine. 2007. Phylogenetic analysis of outbreaks of recent spring viremia of carp virus reveals distinct genogroups with common origins for recent isolates in North America and the UK. Diseases of Aquatic Organisms 76:193-204.
- Fagerness, A.J., Fuller, F.J., Flaherty, M.T., Perry, S.T., Jia, B., Payne, S.L. (2006) The S2 accessory gene of equine infectious anemia virus is essential for expression of disease in ponies, Virology, 349, 22-30
- Guy JS, Barnes HJ, Smith L, Owen R, Fuller FJ (2005) Partial characterization of an adenovirus-like virus isolated from broiler chickens with transmissible viral proventriculitis., Avian Diseases, 49(3)344-51
- Garg H, Fuller FJ, Tompkins WA, Mechanism of feline immunodeficiency virus envelope glycoprotein-mediated fusion, Virology, 321(2):274-86, April 2004
- Payne SL, Pei XF, Jia B, Fagerness A, Fuller FJ, Influence of long terminal repeat and env on the virulence phenotype of equine infectious anemia virus, Journal of Virology, 78(5):2478-85, March 2004
- Guy JS, Miles AM, Smith L, Fuller FJ, Schultz-Cherry S, Antigenic and genomic characterization of turkey enterovirus-like virus (North Carolina, 1988 isolate): identification of the virus as turkey astrovirus 2, Avian Diseases, 48(1):206-11, 2004