Keith Linder, Clinical Associate Professor
BSc: University of Michigan
DVM: Michigan State University
PhD: University of Guelph
Board Certification: American College of Veterinary Pathology
1989-1991 Research Assistant: Dept. of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan
1992-1995 Research Assistant: Dept. of Anatomy, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan
1996-2000 Pathology Residency / PhD Candidate: Experimental Pathology, Dept. of Pathobiology, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario
2000- Assistant Professor: College of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina
2001- Board Certification: American College of Veterinary Pathology
- Keratinocyte mediated innate host resistance to skin infection
- In vitro and in vivo animal models of skin infection
- Carey TE, Laurikainen L, Ptok A, Reinke T, Linder K, Nair TS, Marcelo C. Culture conditions affect expression of the alpha-6/beta-4 integrin associated with aggressive behavior in head and neck cancer. Adv Exp Med Biol 1992; 320: 69-79.
- Bowker RM, Rockerhouser SJ, Linder K, Vex KB, Sonea IM, Caron JP. A silver-impregnation and immunocytochemical study of innervation of the distal sesamoid bone and its suspensory ligaments in the horse. Equine Vet J 1994; 26: 212-219.
- Dunstan RW, Linder KE. Mammals, other than man, do not have follicular bulges: implications for the bulge-activation hypothesis. Dermatopathol: Practical and Conceptual 1995; 1:155-162.
- Bowker RM, Linder K, Sonea IM, Holland RE. Sensory innervation of the navicular bone and bursa in the foal. Equine Vet J 1995; 27: 60-65.
- Bowker RM, Linder K, Van Wulfen KK, Perry RL, Ocello PJ. Distributions of local anesthetics injected into the distal interphalangeal joint and podotrochlear bursa: an experimental study. Pferdeheilkunde 1996; 12: 609-612.
- Bowker RM, Linder K, Van Wulfen KK, Sonea IM. Anatomy of the distal interphalangeal joint of the mature horse: relationships with navicular suspensory ligaments, sensory nerves and neurovascular bundle. Equine Vet J 1997; 29: 126-135.
- White SD, Linder KE, Schultheiss P, Scott KV, Page G, Taylor M, Best SJ, Walder EJ, Rosenkrantz W, Yager JA. Sebaceous adenitis in four domestic rabbits (Oryctalagus cuniculus). Vet Dermatol 2000; 11: 53-60.
- Anderson RC, Linder KE, Peregrine AS. Halicephalobus Gingivalis (Sefanski, 1954) from a fatal infection in a horse in Ontario, Canada, with comments on the validity of H. deletrix and a review of the genus. Parasite 1998; 5: 255-261.
- Croy BA, Linder KE, Yager JA. Primer for non-immunologists on immune-deficient mice and their applications in research. Comp Med 2001; 45: 300-313.
- Spirito F, Charlesworth A, Linder K, Ortonne JP, Baird J, Meneguzzi G. Animal models for skin blistering conditions: absence of laminin 5 causes hereditary junctional mechanobullous disease in the Belgian horse. J Invest Dermatol, 2002; 119: 684-91.
- Linder KE. Skin biopsy site selection in small animal dermatology with an introduction to histologic pattern-analysis of inflammatory skin lesions. Clin Tech Sm Anim Pract 2001; 16: 207-213.
- Linder KE, Parker WM, Kunkle GA, Yager JA. The skin xenograft mouse model in veterinary dermatology research - modeling canine demodicosis. Eds: Thoday K., Foil C., Bond Ross, Advances in Veterinary Dermatology Vol 4., Boston, MA: Blackwell Science, 2003; 76-84.