Malcolm Roberts, BVSc, PhD, MPH, FRCVS, FACVSc, DACVPM
Epidemiology and Public Health
- VMC 952: Equine Medicine and Surgery
- VMC 979: Equine Medicine
- VMP 921: Infection and Immunity
- VMP 936: Health Maintenance and Animal Production II
- VMP 956: Health Maintenance and Animal Production III
- VMP 990: Large Animal Community Practice
- PHY 820A: Gastrointestinal Physiology
- PHY 280B: Gastrointestinal Pathophysiology
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Preventive Medicine
- MPH, Epidemiology, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill
- PhD, Faculty of Medicine, University of Bristol
- BVSc, Veterinary Sciences, University of Liverpool
- Fellow, Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (Equine Medicine)
- Fellow, Australian College of Veterinary Scientists (Equine Medicine)
- Member, Australian College of Veterinary Scientists (Equine Medicine)
- Member, Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons
Continuing Education Activities
- What is new with equine infectious diseases that should concern all horse owners? Equine herpes virus neurological disease outbreaks and biosecurity. Equine Extravaganza, NC State Fairgrounds, Raleigh, July 13, 2008.
- Biosecurity in your barn. Equine Medicine Symposium, NC State University CVM, February 21, 2009.
- What is new with equine infectious diseases that should concern all horse owners; equine herpes virus neurological disease outbreaks and biosecurity. Equine Medicine Symposium Horse owners program, Raleigh NC, February 2008.
- Jennings SH et al, Roberts MC and Linder KE. Polyoma-associated nephritis in 2 horses. Vet Pathol.50: published on line 2-4-13 as 10.1172/0300985813476063
- Roberts MC. Clinical commentary Equine lymphoma: What are the prospects for cellular differentiation, early diagnosis and intervention strategies? Equine Vet Educ 20: 404-406, 2008
- Olivry T, Jackson HA, Murphy KM, Tater KC, Roberts MC. Evaluation of a point-of-care immunodot assay for predicting results of allergen-specific intradermal and immunoglobulin E serological tests. Vet Dermatology 16: 117-120, 2005
- Sellon DC, Roberts MC, Blikslager, AT, Ulibarri C, and Papich MG. Effects of continuous rate infusion of butorphanol on physiologic and outcome variables in horses after celiotomy. J Vet Internal Med 18: 555-563, 2004
- Roberts MC, Millikan RC, Galenko, JA, Martin, C, and Sandler, RS. Constipation, laxative use, and colon cancer in a North Carolina population. American Journal of Gastroenterology 98: 857-864, 2003.
- Pritchett LC, Ulibarri C, Roberts MC, Schneider RK, and Sellon DC. Identification of potential physiological and behavioral indicators of postoperative pain in horses after exploratory celiotomy for colic. Applied Animal Behavior Science 80: 31-43, 2003.