The Block Change Process
DVM students in their Clinical Year can make minor alterations to their clinical schedule using the Block Change Process.
The Four-Step Process
- Check the Master Schedule in CRESS to make sure planned alterations won't affect a course's Min/Max by dropping/adding.
- Students should not ask Course Coordinators for permission to exceed the maximum or drop below the minimum.
- Required for both Drops and Adds [EXCEPTIONS: approval not needed for Vacation or Extramurals]
- TWO types of approval accepted: Signature or Email (if Email, student should print and attach to the Block Change Request Form)
- Block Changes will NOT be processed until form AND approvals are received
- Block Changes are processed on a first-come/first-serve basis
- Must be submitted before the deadline [all changes must be made two blocks prior]
Requirements & Deadlines
- Block changes open when the Clinical Year begins - the first day of Block 1.
- Students are allowed a maximum of SIX changes during their Clinical Year. [1 Drop/Add = 1 Change]
- ALL changes to the Clinical Schedule are made using the Block Changes Process, including changes to Vacations and Externships.
- Deadline: block changes must be made two blocks prior.
- Example: Changes to Block 6 must be made in Block 4 or prior. No changes to Block 6 will be made in Block 5.
- Students are responsible for checking their rotation schedules to ensure that changes have been made. In the event that a Block Change is NOT approved, Student Services will notify the student via email.
- The Office of Academic Affairs is responsible for approving Block Changes that fall into exceptions to the standard procedures.