skip to main content, skip to Quick links, or skip to Search

main content

CVM-HR Updates

Your source for the latest HR happenings that impact you!


CVM-Human Resources
Frequently Asked Questions


Q. How often do I get paid?

A. EPA, SPA, & Post Docs are paid on the last working day of the month. The pay you receive is for the current month. Example: Your paycheck received on May 29th is for the month of May. Any additional compensation generally is paid a month behind. Temporary Employees and Graduate Students are paid on a biweekly basis. Please refer to the CVM-Human Resources Calendar for pay dates.

Q. How do I find Employee Self Service and View my Paycheck?

A. Please refer to the step by step directions on the HR- Information Management Website.

Q. I am trying to use the new SPA electronic time sheet, but the spreadsheet is not adding correctly...what do I do?

A. Open Excel without the time sheet, On the toolbar within Excel click on the 'Tools' heading and click 'Add-Ins'. In the Add-Ins available list select the 'Analysis ToolPak' box and then click 'OK'. Close Excel and then go back to the CVM-Human Resources website to get the latest version of the time sheet.

Q. I have moved and have a new address how do I update my information?

A. You can update your home address within Employee Self Service for payroll purposes on MyPack Portal, along with other Personal and Payroll Information. To update your address with your Benefits provider(s) please review the instructions and contact information here.

Q. I am leaving the University what do I do now?

A. Please make sure you have met with your departmental administrative support or a member of CVM-Human Resources to ensure your leave is closed out and any State Property is collected, this includes your CVM Proximity Security Badge and keys you were issued. This meeting will also provide you time to review any questions you may still have. Additional resources online can be found here.

Q. I am a supervisor at CVM of a SPA employee and the employee has been out sick for three days, do I need to ask for a doctor's note?

A. Not necessarily, unless your department has a Standard Operating Procedure in place. The CVM nor the University requires one. However, you do need to contact a member of CVM-Human Resources Staff as we are required by law to notify the employee of the FMLA policy. Resources available on the Human Resources- Leave Administration Unit's website. This also applies to EPA employees.

Q. I am a new SPA employee and I am unsure what my job responsibilities and performance expectations are, what do I do?

A. You should first discuss your concerns directly with your supervisor. You can find resources governing the Performance Management Process here, or you may contact the Director of CVM-Human Resources at 513-6308.

Q. I am a supervisor of an SPA employee and it is the end of May and time for me to finish their appraisal. How do I determine the overall rating?

A. Good Question, based on the employee's key responsibilities those that make up the greatest part of the employee's job will be most heavily weighted. You can take into account the entire performance, but those responsibilities that are most important will have the greatest impact on the employee's overall rating. The overall rating is not a mathematical average of each key responsibility. Annual Appraisal Form

Q. I need to get my employment verified for a loan or refinancing, who should I call?

A. You can use the new nationwide 'Work Number' system, information available HR Employment Verifications.

Additional Question and Answer Resources can be found...

  1. Online Application Process FAQ
  2. Benefits Office FAQ
  3. Leave Administration FAQ


Please submit your questions to CVM-Human Resources