Planning a Trip
Identify an Experience
- Talk to your advisor, course coordinators and/or Dr. Levy.
- Contact experience supervisor and get permission for visit in writing confirming dates, etc.
- Complete Extramural Registration form and get it signed by all parties.
- turn 4th year extramurals paperwork into Joy Strickland, Clinical Coordinator.
- turn Selective or elective paperwork into Kirk Nuss, Scheduling Coordinator.
- Make travel arrangements including:
- plane ticket reservations
- Rental vehicle, other transportation
- Two months prior to your trip, check with the Travel Clinic at Student Health for required immunizations, etc.
- Check for any US State Department Travel Advisories for the region you plan to visit.
- Check the CVM guidelines for travel abroad to insure compliance.
- Register with the NCSU Study Abroad Office (SAO) at least 6 weeks in advance of your departure. This includes completing an on-line application with them. We highly recommend that you purchase the travel insurance that is offered. Be sure to check out the deadline on the NCSU Study Abroad Scholarship application.
- Forward Johanna Donovan a copy of your Study Abroad Application once it is approved by the SAO.
- Apply for or renew your passport. Check country requirements regarding a visa.
- Check the CDC Traveler's Health website.
- Apply for CVM International Travel Award and submit on-line.
- Make sure Student Services has your emergency contact information both domestic and abroad.
- Complete the Non-Employee Travel Form electronically. Please turn in the approved form to Student Services PRIOR to your departure.
During the Experience
- Remember that while you are in another country you are a representative of NCSU CVM.
- Keep receipts for expenses.
- Take some photographs for your report.
- Get your experience supervisor to complete the Supervisor's Evaluation.
- Fax, scan, mail or bring the form to Course Coordinator or Student Services.
Upon your Return
- Give your completed report, supervisor evaluation and photos to Course Coordinator within one month of return
- IF you were awarded a CVM International Travel Award, please submit all your receipts and to Johanna Donovan in Student Services. List any other funds that you have received or applied for in support of this experience. Johanna will process the request for reimbursement.
Please contact Johanna Donovan, Assistant Director, Student Services if you have any questions regarding CVM International Programs.