The Laboratory Animal Resources Veterinary Care Program provides veterinary care for all research and teaching animals housed in LAR. This includes preventive health care, routine health monitoring, daily clinical care, and 24-hour emergency service. Non-routine veterinary services may be contracted through the LAR veterinary assistant for an additional charge. The veterinary staff is available for consultation in a variety of research-specific areas to assure regulatory compliance, improve experimental outcome and to ensure animal welfare throughout the course of the project.
The services offered are described on the website. Please call 513-2931 if assistance is needed to find certain topics on this site.
- Emergency Services
- LAR Veterinary Services Policies and Procedures
- LAR Veterinary Service Request Form
- Clinical Case Management (including VTH and Rollins Lab Serivces)
- Post-Operative Observation for Veterinary Concerns
- Colony Health Surveillance - LAR Quarterly Health Announcements
- Rodent Pathogen Information - Murine Parvovirus Information, Mouse Parvovirus References, Murine Norovirus Information, Norovirus Mini-Review, Rat Helicobacteriosis and Parvovirus information
- New Vendor Approval
- Incoming Animal Health History from Approved Vendors
- Researching New Vendors
- Consulting for: Alternative procedures, record-keeping, new arrival acclimation, experimental design, protocol development, pain management
- Frequently Asked Questions for Veterinary Care Program
- CPL Link
- Additional Information