College Visitor Program
NC State offers affordable guest housing for visiting students. Guest rooms and Guest apartments are located near our central campus less than 10 minutes from the College of Veterinary Medicine. Please complete the request form as soon as you finalize your externship to check for availability.
Local Hotel information
- 6115 Corporate Ridge Road * Raleigh, NC 27607 * Tel: (919) 847-7383
- within 2.5 miles from the CVM; also near RBC Center, Carter-Finley Stadium and NC State Fairgrounds
- courtesy shuttle in 5 mile radius; airport shuttle
- 1520 Blue Ridge Road * Raleigh, NC 27607 * Tel: (919) 832-4100
- mention “CVM” to receive $75.00 room rate; located right next door to the CVM
- Extended Stay America - North Raleigh: 911 Wake Towne Drive, Raleigh, NC. 7.6 mi away.
- Extended Stay America - Cary/Regency Parkway: 1500 Regency Parkway, Cary, NC. 8.3 mi away.
- Extended Stay Deluxe - Cary/Regency Parkway: 3100 Regency Parkway, Cary, NC. 8.9 mi away.
- Homestead Studio Suites - Raleigh/Crabtree Valley: 4810 Bluestone Drive, Raleigh, NC. 6.3 mi away.
- All locations offer special discounts for NC State University affiliates, and the discounts increase as the stay extends. The hotels are designed for longer stays and have fully-equipped kitchens. All locations are pet-friendly. Use discount code EANCS
- 1707 Hillsborough Street * Raleigh, NC 27605 * Tel: (919) 828-0811
- close to NC State University’s main campus
- 1200 Hurricane Alley Way * Raleigh, NC 27601 * Tel: (919) 854-0502
- close to the CVM, RBC Center, and Carter-Finley Stadium
Hampton Inn & Suites
- Raleigh/Cary I-40 (RBC Center)111 Hampton Woods Lane * Raleigh, NC 27607 * Tel:(919) 233-1798
- Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown 1001 Wake Towne Drive, Raleigh, NC 2760 919-828-1813 7 miles from the CV
- 350 Ashville Avenue, Cary, NC 27518 *Tel: (919) 852-4318
- Use link below to insure special daily rate of $65.00 weekend; $75.00 Sunday-Thursday
- 4500 Marriott Drive * Raleigh, NC 27612 * Tel: (919) 781-7000
- across the street from the Crabtree Valley Mall and located on Glenwood Avenue
- 4810 Bluestone Drive * Raleigh, NC 27612 * Tel: (919) 510-8551
- located on the CAT bus line
- Weekly Rate (7 days or more): $35.23/nightly + tax
- Monthly Rate: (30 days or more): $28.69/nightly + tax
- Mention "CVM" to receive these special rates
Parking on the CVM campus is by permit only. Visitors who will be here more than one day will need to go to the transportation office prior to arriving at our campus and purchase day passes if you wish to park in the CVM campus parking deck. The Transportation Office is located on main campus at 2721 Sullivan Drive. The office opens at 7:00AM weekdays. The passes are $5 per day.
Free parking is available across from our campus on Blue Ridge Rd. in the North Carolina State Fairgrounds lot highlighted in blue on the campus map. Please note that this is not an approved university parking lot so you park there at your own risk. There is a trail from Blue Ridge Road that follows next to the parking deck and leads to William Moore Drive. Follow to the main CVM entrance
The Wolfline shuttle bus service is a great way to get around campus and from university guest housing to the Veterinary Teaching Hospital.
The city of Raleigh offers many modes of transportation for your convenience such as a city-wide bus system, taxi service and buses to the greater Triangle Area, Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill. Additionally, Triangle Transit offers day passes which can be purchased in advance of your travel to Raleigh.
Items of Importance
- $20 deposit for the issuance of a security badge to access the buildings on campus
- We encourage all visitors to carry proof of health insurance in the event of an emergency. North Carolina State University including its faculty, staff, students, agents and representatives are not responsible for illness or injuries encountered during participation in visitor programs and do not provide payment for any care received.
- Urgent Care