Housekeeping and Personal Hygiene
- Thorough hand washing with soap shall be done after handling one case and before handling another.
- There shall be prompt disposal of excreta followed by cleaning and disinfection of the contaminated area.
- Spilled blood shall be removed and the affected surfaces cleaned and disinfected as quickly as possible.
- Clipped hair shall be promptly and thoroughly removed, preferably by vacuuming.
- Clippers shall be brushed free of hair, cleaned of visible debris, and sprayed with clipper disinfectant after use on a patient.
- Trash cans shall be equipped with lids and plastic liners and shall be emptied every 24 hours or more frequently if necessary.