- All clinicians must be familiar with the infectious disease protocol.
- The senior clinician shall retain full discretion for diagnosis, case management, and handling, and must inform the other clinicians, and technical staff, of the protocol to be followed for a particular case.
- No action will be taken to prejudice the health of the patient or other patients in the hospital
- The senior clinician is responsible for locating the animal in the appropriate area and providing correct identification, warning and protection.
- The Infectious Disease Committee (or the chairperson) will arbitrate any queries or disagreement over interpretation of the protocol and will investigate any failure to comply with a decision.
- Any subsequent variations to a procedure must be approved by the Infectious Disease Committee.