Health and Wellness Center Admissions
- All ferrets admitted to the hospital must be current on vaccinations for rabies or be vaccinated upon admission as required by NC State law (no exceptions).
- For adult ferrets, evidence of rabies vaccination within the previous year is required.
- Other vaccinations may be given at the clinicians’ discretion.
- Animals admitted with an unknown vaccination history must be labeled as such and a contact log (login required) must be posted. They must be vaccinated for rabies as above.
- Fleas and ticks - Any animal infested with fleas and/or ticks shall be treated on admission or as soon as is possible medically, keeping in mind the general well-being of the affected patient and other hospitalized patients.
- Sarcoptic mange - Any animal that is positive for sarcoptic mange on a skin scraping shall be treated during its first day of hospitalization. Ideally, patients with sarcoptic mange shall not be hospitalized.