- Clinician must alert staff of the status of the animal. If quaternary ammonium compounds will not inactivate the organism, the staff must be alerted.
- Whenever possible, used, disposable, anesthetic circuit components and endotracheal tubes shall be utilized.
- Following use, these components will be double bagged in a biohazard bag and incinerated.
- When non-disposable items are used, they shall be thoroughly disinfected following use.
- One rolling table will be assigned for the use of the patient and will be used for all transport.
- Before the table is used for other patients, it shall be thoroughly disinfected and allowed to dry.
- Recovery of patients with infectious diseases shall occur in the animal's cage.
- Immunosuppressed animals:
- The clinician must alert the staff of the animal's status. New sterile circuits and endotracheal tubes will be used.